Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy birthday to me!





Well, its my birthday today. I always have mixed feelings about my birthday, usually swinging from "just ignore it, it's just another day" to "its MY day and it should be a big deal". I know this is very schizo but hey, I'm a Gemini, what do you expect? I also have a thing about celebrating ON the actual day, after all my birthday is the 3rd, not the 2nd, not the 5th, etc... Honestly I think this is baggage from my childhood when I had to share my special birthday dinner with my brother whose birthday is on the 15th. I am trying really hard (and have since as long as I can remember being an adult) to not have issues with my birthday but this year (and last year too now that I think about it) seems especially hard. Frank is trying really hard and this year did an awesome job of making it a special day. He surprised me with flowers and a musical card and dinner at Arbys. I decided that Arby's needs to be my official Birthday dinner ON my birthday (unless it's a Sunday of course). Frank said that if my birthday falls on a Fri or Sat we could do a real restaurant but I told him then we would need to do Arby's at lunch.

Now I think that I should step down off my "itty bitty pity" box. I really debate about whether to blog or not because I know I'm not great with other people's birthdays. But I just got home from a RS pres meeting, after a day at work with a kid who screamed at the top of his lungs for 45 min of his 60 min session and wishing I had made a bigger deal about my day, oh well. Ok off the box.

Now Here's some pictures of what we've been up to.
"Dead-eye Patti" strikes again. This is my target from my Women's basic handgun course. The little holes are where I shot with the 22 caliber and the big holes of course are where I shot with a 40 caliber. Yes, I meant to shoot it in the neck. The course of fire was to shoot anywhere we wanted for 4 rounds then try and shoot the little tiny guy to the right. The closest one to the guy went home as "Queen of the range for the night" or some other meaningless title. I got pretty close but not the "Queen". The best part was that Frank was very impressed with how I did and that meant a lot coming from an experienced marksman like him.
Frank took me to dinner at a new to us restaurant "Crazy Jims" in downtown Phoenix. It was really good Greek food and I actually liked the Baklava!
We chose that restaurant because it was close to the Dodge Theatre where Frank took me to see Glenn Beck's Common Sense Comedy show. That is when you realize how old you really are. I thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed so hard my cheeks were hurting before intermission. One of the best parts was before the show they had these screens up and people could text message to a number and it would show up on the screen. Someone put up "I want to be in Glenn Beck's ward!" and then I got thinking "Hmmm, Glenn Beck as High Council speaker! That I could listen to and stay awake for ;-)"
Frank got me a free t-shirt from the radio station that I listen to a lot now. Like he said, you never know until you ask. So
Happy Birthday to me-cha cha cha
(which I learned from my neice, Noelle)
:-)

3 comments:

Catie said...

I think I'm going to tell Josh that I need to go to Arby's for my Birthday. I'm a little jealous about the shooting thing, I've always wanted to do that. It sounds like you had a good birthday and I am happy for you. Happy Birthday (late).

Susette 10e said...

Hey Patti, I'm so glad you did something ON your birthday. Sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate with you. By the way, you know your old when your favorite radio station is a News Talk station. Hee hee. Don't worry mine is NPR. National Public Radio. Sounds likes you had a good time.

britt said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! I know its late but i haven't been on this thing for a while. Well it sounds like you had a great time. Love you